What does it mean to be a 4-H Ambassador?
As an Ambassador, you will be asked to:
- promote 4-H throughout the year,
- help plan and conduct officer training and 4-H Cloverbud activities,
- emcee various 4-H events,
- speak to 4-H clubs and other organizations,
- present educational 4-H programs,
- hand out ribbons at the fair,
- evaluate 4-H Cloverbud exhibitors at the fair,
- complete other tasks that the 4-H Ambassadors may identify.
A volunteer or volunteers will work with the Columbia County 4-H Ambassadors to identify projects they are interested in and either move them forward individually, as small groups, and/or as a large group.
Educational Opportunity: Ambassadors are encouraged to attend the Wisconsin 4-H Fall Forum each year during the first weekend in November. This is an opportunity to learn and to meet other 4-H teens from across the state.
Announcement of Ambassadors: New and Returning Columbia County 4-H Ambassadors will be announced at the 4-H Awards Program in October and will receive a 4-H Ambassador shirt that day as well. In addition, the 4-H Ambassadors will also help present awards and/or make short presentations at the 4-H Awards Program.
Meetings: The Columbia County 4-H Ambassadors generally meet the 4th Monday of each month in the basement meeting room of the Columbia County Health Care Center in Wyocena.
- 4-H members going into grades 9 through 12 each fall are encouraged to apply;
- Both new applicants and returning 4-H Ambassadors need to complete an application form;
- New applicants must have a 4-H leader, who is not a relative, complete a written recommendation;
- Application and letter of recommendation, for new applicants, are due August 31st each year;
- New applicants will be interviewed and must present a 3-5 minute speech on any 4-H-related subject they would like to promote in the future if selected as one of Columbia county’s 4-H Ambassadors.
Pat Wagner, UW Extension 112 E. Edgewater Street, Room 212 Portage, WI 53901
Pat Wagner, UW Extension
112 E. Edgewater Street, Room 212
Portage, WI 53901
Ambassador Application form, fillable(PDF, 2 pages)
Ambassador Application form (Word, 2 pages)
Ambassador Application form (PDF, 2 pages)