What does it mean to be a 4-H Ambassador?
As an Ambassador, you will be asked to:
- promote 4-H throughout the year,
- help plan and conduct officer training and 4-H Cloverbud activities,
- emcee various 4-H events,
- speak to 4-H clubs and other organizations,
- present educational 4-H programs,
- hand out ribbons at the fair,
- evaluate 4-H Cloverbud exhibitors at the fair,
- complete other tasks that the 4-H Ambassadors may identify.
A volunteer or volunteers will work with the Columbia County 4-H Ambassadors to identify projects they are interested in and either move them forward individually, as small groups, and/or as a large group.
Educational Opportunity: Ambassadors are encouraged to attend the Wisconsin 4-H Fall Forum each year during the first weekend in November. This is an opportunity to learn and to meet other 4-H teens from across the state.
Announcement of Ambassadors: New and Returning Columbia County 4-H Ambassadors will be announced at the 4-H Awards Program in October and will receive a 4-H Ambassador shirt that day as well. In addition, the 4-H Ambassadors will also help present awards and/or make short presentations at the 4-H Awards Program.
Meetings: The Columbia County 4-H Ambassadors generally meet the 4th Monday of each month in the basement meeting room of the Columbia County Health Care Center in Wyocena.
- 4-H members going into grades 9 through 12 each fall are encouraged to apply;
- Both new applicants and returning 4-H Ambassadors need to complete an application form;
- New applicants must have a 4-H leader, who is not a relative, complete a written recommendation;
- Application and letter of recommendation, for new applicants, are due August 31st each year;
- New applicants will be interviewed and must present a 3-5 minute speech on any 4-H-related subject they would like to promote in the future if selected as one of Columbia county’s 4-H Ambassadors.
Karen Nelson, UW Extension 112 E. Edgewater Street, Room 212 Portage, WI 53901
Karen Nelson, UW Extension
112 E. Edgewater Street, Room 212
Portage, WI 53901
Ambassador Application Form, Fillable (PDF, 2 pages)
Ambassador Application Form (Word, 2 pages)
Ambassador Application form (PDF, 2 pages)