Why go to camp?
Studies have shown that going to summer camp helps youth grow in areas such as self-confidence, independence, making friends, exploring and learning new activities. Even for a short time period, time spent at camp can benefit a child all the way through adulthood. To read some studies highlighting the benefits of camp click on this link.
ALL CAMPS OPEN TO 4-H MEMBERS AND NON 4-H MEMBERS!
Open Enrollment Summer Camp 2018
Come spend an amazing 4 days at Upham Woods! Whether canoeing, ecology exploration, or singing around a campfire your child is sure to have a blast. Scroll through all of our camp information below or download our information here: Camp Packet. To see some of the activities your child might participate in at Upham Woods, click
Open Enrollment Summer Camp 2018
Come spend some amazing days at Upham Woods! Whether canoeing, ecology exploration, or singing around a campfire your child is sure to have a blast. Scroll through all of our camp information below or download our information here: Camp Packet. To see some of the activities your child might participate in at Upham Woods, click here
- Session 1: Friday, June 15th – Monday, June 18th, 2018
- Arrival: 2:30pm-3:30pm on Friday, June 15th.
- Departure/Pick up: 11:00am on Monday, June 18th.Campers learn about the natural world, themselves and each other in our traditional summer camp program. Camp activities include hiking, canoeing, archery, swimming, our low element challenge course, and so much more. The traditions of summer camp and unique qualities of Upham Woods combine for an unforgettable experiences.
- Camper Registration is open now!
- Session 2: Sunday, August 5th – Saturday, August 11th, 2018
- Arrival 3:00pm-4:00pm on Sunday, Aug. 5th
- Departure/Pick up: 10:30am- 11:00am on Saturday, Aug. 11thExperience one FULL week of camp at Upham Woods! More information on themes and activities to come!
- Camper Registration is open now!
- Consider volunteering as a youth counselor or adult leader!
- Who can come to camp:
- Campers currently in 3rd – 6th grade
- Youth Counselors needed age 14-18, must be enrolled in 4-H.
- Adult volunteers. We are seeking adult volunteers, who are currently enrolled as 4-H volunteers or are interested in doing so, who want to help provide a safe and memorable camp experience for youth.
- Youth Counselors (age 14+) and Adult volunteers needed for both sessions.
- June Session: $180/camper, $30/counselor, Adult volunteers attend at no cost.
- August Session: $400/camper, $30/counselor, Adult volunteers attend at no cost.
- Financial Aid Application
- How do I sign up?:
Open Enrollment Outpost River Trip 2018
- When: August 8-12, 2017 (LIMITED SPACE! Maximum enrollment 12 youth)
- Age: 14-18 years old
- Cost: $200 per camper Financial Aid Application
- Current 4-H Members Register at 4-H Online
- Non 4-H members please complete our Camp Registration Packet and select outpost
If you are 14-18 years old, in 4-H, and want to help provide an amazing camp experience we’re looking for you! To make this fantastic summer camp possible we need camp counselors who want to expand their leadership skills, build their resume, and spend time in the beautiful outdoors while providing a great experience for the campers. If you are interested, please sign up at 4-H Online as well as fill out the Upham Woods Open Camp- Counselor Application. Any interested counselors must attend a summer camp counselor training with their county or with Upham Woods. Limited spots available so make sure Upham Woods is in your summer plans! Click here to learn about the value of being a counselor.
Families, are you looking for a way to share a meaningful experience with your kids at a prime summertime location? Have you ever dropped your kids off at camp and wished you could stay and join in all the fun? Here’s your chance!
This means that everyone in your family, any age, can attend camp at Upham Woods and experience the quality summertime fun that we can offer. Canoeing on the Wisconsin River, hiking on Blackhawk Island, testing your archery skills, sharing campfire songs and stories, and more! All of this while staying in a beautiful camp conveniently located near all of the attractions that Wisconsin Dells has to offer families.
Bring just your family unit or invite aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents to share in the summer camp experience. Registration will include breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day. Families can rent entire cabins, just one side, or stay in dorm rooms, depending on their comfort level and the number of people they bring.
Where: Upham Woods Outdoor Learning Center
Who: Families of all sizes, shapes, and types who want to make some amazing summertime memories in a beautiful and unique setting!
COSTS: Costs for camp are based on the lodging type that you choose. Lodging types are offered on a first come, first served basis. Children under 3 stay for free. All meals are included in the price of lodging.
|LODGING TYPE||COST PER PERSON||COST PER UNIT||COST FOR EACH ADD’L PERSON||MAX NO. OF OCCUPANTS|
|Dorm Room||$380, incl. 1-4 people||4|
|Half of Large Cabin||$720, incl. 1-12 people||$48/add’l person||18|
|Small Cabin||$880, incl. 1-10 people||$48/add’l person||14|
|Large Cabin||$1,400, incl. 1-16 people||$48/add’l person||28|
Click here to download a registration form. Mail the form and your payment to Upham Woods, Attn: Jennifer, N194 County Road N, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965. Make checks payable to Upham Woods. Sorry, we are unable to accept cash or credit cards.
Attention Adult Volunteers:
If you are over 18 years of age and would like to help make camp great then Upham Woods could use your expertise! Take the opportunity to attend camp with your child, 4-H club, scout troop, youth group, or anything else! Any interested volunteers can register on 4-H online.
Adult Volunteers attend Open Enrollment Camp at Upham Woods for NO cost!
Adult volunteers must be a registered 4-H volunteer.
If you are interested in volunteering, complete the Columbia County 4-H Camp Adult form and return it to Karen Nelson at Karen.email@example.com. The form can be found at the following link: https://fyi.uwex.edu/uphamwoods/files/2016/03/Upham-Woods-Open-Camp-Counselor-Application.pdf
While camp is immensely beneficial to youth, we’re aware that price can be an issue. As such, we have a limited amount of scholarships available to help offset the cost. Please contact Max Myers at Max.Myers@ces.uwex.edu or give us a call at (608) 254-6461 to discuss further steps if you are interested.
Questions? Contact Program Director Max Myers at Max.Myers@ces.uwex.edu or give us a call at (608) 254-6461